hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Is hadoop 1.0.0 + HBase 0.90.5 the best combination for production cluster?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:27:49 GMT
On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM, zizon <zzdtsv@gmail.com> wrote:
> <property>
>  <name>*dfs.client.read.shortcircuit*</name>
>  <value>true</value>
>  <description>set this to true to enable DFSClient short circuit
> read</description>
> </property>

You must set the above on both client and server side; i.e. in
hbase-site.xml and in hdfs-site.xml.

> <property>
>  <name>*dfs.block.local-path-access.user*</name>
>  <value>hadoop</value>
>  <description>add users that need perform short circuit read here,datanode
> will do security check before the read</description>
> </property>

This you set server-side only.  Adjust the value 'hadoop' accordingly.

I believe the only way to tell local reads are working is jstacking
your hbase and looking for local block accesses.

We''ll fix our documentation to include the above.

St.Ack