hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: after adding table using add_table.rb, it is not visible (even after enabling)
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:06:37 GMT
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Stanislav Barton
<stanislav.barton@internetmemory.net> wrote:
> I tried to import a table from hbase 0.90.3 to hbase 0.90.4 on a
> different cluster by copying the data between those two clusters. I
> uploaded the data into HDFS and called add_table.rb on that, that
> finished ok. After that i went to hbase shell and did enable
> "new_table" which also finished without firing any exception and in
> the master log I can see that it registered the the request for table
> enabling and finished ok, saying that all (328) regions of that table
> are online. Using the UI I can see the new regions being served, but I
> cannot see the table in the list of available tables in hbase (neither
> gui nor shell). So when I try to scan that table it obviously says
> that it does not know such table. When I do disable/enable the new
> table there is no exception in the master log what so ever, nor
> regions in transion going wild. I just cannot make it appear in the
> list of tables.

Scan .META.  See if it looks healthy in there?   Do you see an entry
for the first region that has null startkey and the endkey of this
region is the start of the next?  And so on.  For one of the online
regions, can you try getting the startkey from the shell?  What
happens?

St.Ack