hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: How to implement tests for python based application using Hbase-thrift interface
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:22:59 GMT
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM, N Keywal <nkeywal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Damien,
>
> Can't say for the Python stuff.
> You can reuse or extract what you need in HBaseTestingUtility from the
> hbase test package, this will allow you to start a full Hbase mini cluster
> in a few lines of Java code.

HBaseTestingUtility is missing a main.  We should add one that allows
you specify how many regionservers and masters to run.  If you had
that, you could just run that and start a thrift server all w/
appropriate configs in place.  Without it, you'll need to write a bit
of java to get it off the ground as nkeywal says (or jython it).

St.Ack