hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ROOT region not assigned
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:08:54 GMT
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Henning Blohm <henning.blohm@zfabrik.de>wrote:

> removing the zookeeper data dir did the trick. The master stopped again
> after complaining that it couldn't resolve the old node name (which I was
> only able to grep under the dfs data - any idea why the master host name is
> persisted there and read again?)

Where was it?  In a file under .META. table dir?

Will put that into our troubleshooting guide right away.
We should do same (smile).

> Is there further implications of deleting the zookeeper data dir? And once
> we are at it, is there some general information on what to do if you need
> to rename nodes (in particular master nodes)?
Data in zk is transient only.  It'd be safe to remove it as long as you are
doing cluster restart.

On renaming nodes, my belief is that this is fixed in 0.92.... if 'unknown'
host, we'll reassign it a known server.