hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: getting row info without data
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 04:53:00 GMT
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Scott Brunza <scottso@sonalysts.com> wrote:
> I'm using a SingleColumnValueFilter to get rows who's cf:qual have a given
> value, but would just like the key, no values.

I take it you made SingleColumnValueFilter do the right thing first?

> If I add that filter to a
> filterList with a KeyOnlyFilter.new, I get nothing if KeyOnlyFilter is
> first and everything, as if there wasn't a KeyOnlyFilter, when it's last.

This sounds like the KeyOnlyFilter only works if its second?

> I'm writing it in a ruby script.
>

> filterList = FilterList.new
> filterList.addFilter(KeyOnlyFilter.new)
> filterList.addFilter(SingleColumnValueFilter.new(Bytes.toBytes(cf),
>   Bytes.toBytes(qualifier), CompareFilter::CompareOp.valueOf('EQUAL'),
>   SubstringComparator.new(string)))

Can you make another dumber filter work with KeyOnlyFilter in a FilterList?

Is this on cluster or is it in a standalone instance?  Adding a bit of
logging to each of the filters might help.   Its likely an issue in
filtering but a bit of logging might uncover the unexpected?

Good on you Scott,
St.Ack