hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wayne <wav...@gmail.com>
Subject pdflush 100% cpu
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:40:07 GMT
We have set up a new cluster and are now seeing pdflush processes pegged at
100% cpu during compaction. Is this normal? It sometimes "looks" like
pdflush is pegged at 100% for quite a while and the java cpu usage goes
down as if it is waiting on it to finish. We are using 0.90.4 on centos 5.5
with no swap. Is this a linux kernal issue due to no swap? This cluster is
the first time we have ever seen this but we are running a slightly newer
kernal than other cluster where we did not see this.

Any ideas? Should we be worried about this? Is/can pdflush really be a
bottleneck to disk writes?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.