hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Create hbase table using script
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 07:34:56 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to create hbase tables using shell script. The table name will come as argument
to the script like:

$HBASE_HOME/bin/hbase shell created.sh test1

Here test1 is the table name. When in my script I want to access as normal argument I get
the error:

create "$Name",'cf1'

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character <36> at 0. User-space table
names can only contain 'word characters': i.e. [a-zA-Z_0-9-.]: $Name

How can I fix this using script ?

recipient(s) only.
opinions presented in
HCL or its affiliates.