hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Java api to apply limit in scan
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 05:33:37 GMT
Ok . Thanks Harsh :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:01 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java api to apply limit in scan

Hi Stuti,

The way the Shell does it is by iterating over the ResultScanner iterator for only LIMIT number
of times alone and then exiting out. There is no API that specifies a LIMIT clause of sorts,
its to be self-built by you.

On 20-Jan-2012, at 10:53 AM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi ,
> I am looking into how to limit the output of scans. I got this in shell but not able
to get any java api for that. I am sure I am missing it.

> scan 't1',{LIMIT=>2}
> Please suggest me the scan api for limit the output of scan.
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Stuti Awasthi
> HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd
> F-8/9 Basement, Sec-3,Noida.
>

> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.

Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer, Cloudera