hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject Re: ROOT region not assigned
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:31:47 GMT
Hi St.Ack,

removing the zookeeper data dir did the trick. The master stopped again
after complaining that it couldn't resolve the old node name (which I
was only able to grep under the dfs data - any idea why the master host
name is persisted there and read again?) but defining that as a
localhost alias in /etc/hosts also fixed that and as far as I can tell
all data is accessible again.

Thanks a lot!!!

Will put that into our troubleshooting guide right away.

Is there further implications of deleting the zookeeper data dir? And
once we are at it, is there some general information on what to do if
you need to rename nodes (in particular master nodes)?

Thanks again!
Henning