hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EC2 remote client woes
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:56:24 GMT
Sorry, that's a typo in my email.  Here is my config file again (that
doesn't work)

<configuration>
<property>
<name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
<value>ip-AA-BBB-C-DDD.ec2.internal</value>
<description>Standalone Server</description>
</property>
</configuration>

I double checked, and I am using ip-AA-BBB-C-DDD.ec2.internal
consistently in config files and code.

On 1/12/12 4:24 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
> Yes, it's the same thing, which is why I think the additional
> ec2.internal in your hbase-site is suspicious. Let me reiterate:
>
> This works:
>
> echo stat|nc ip-XX-YYY-Z-QQQ.ec2.internal 2181
>
> But this config doesn't:
>
> <value>ip-XX-YYY-Z-QQQ.ec2.internal.ec2.internal</value>
>
> Now what happens if you just use the same one, the one that works?
>
> J-D
>
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Peter Wolf<opus111@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm a N00B, so I'm not sure of anything... but it is working now using the
>> Java Client API, and XXX.ec2.internal address on both server and client.
>>
>> The problem seems to be 'hbase shell', which is odd as I would have thought
>> it sat on top of the Java API.

>> On 1/12/12 1:22 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
>>> Your config file on the remote machine has:
>>>
>>> ip-XX-YYY-Z-QQQ.ec2.internal.ec2.internal
>>>
>>> You sure about the extra ec2.internal?
>>>
>>> J-D

HBase