hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject EC2 remote client woes
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:20:01 GMT
Still no love...  Any suggestions?

I'm on EC2, and I am trying to set up a Pseudo-Distributed HBaser Server
on one machine, and access it from another.  Both machines are EC2.

I have already found the doc below, and I followed the instructions

My server is up and running, and I can access it from an 'hbase shell'
on the machine.  The hbase-site.xml is ...

The client machine hbase-site.xml is...

    <description>Pseudo Distributed Server</description>

And when I try 'hbase shell' remotely, I get this...

    hbase(main):001:0> status 'detailed'

    ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase
    is able to connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes
    immediately. This could be a sign that the server has too many
    connections (30 is the default). Consider inspecting your ZK server
    logs for that error and then make sure you are reusing
    HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for
    more information.