hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tom <fivemile...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Stopping 0.90.5 Standalone
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:55:52 GMT
Hi Peter,

I just tried 0.90.5 standalone on linux; in my case there was a problem
with my hostname resolving to (not, which is what
hbase expects in standalone).
If you use linux, have a look into your /etc/hosts file to see if this
is the issue and fix it as needed.

BTW, a little comment in the HBase book would have saved me quite a bit
of time...

On 01/10/2012 10:02 AM, Stack wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Peter Wolf<opus111@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I am having trouble starting and stopping Standalone HBase.
>> I successfully start Standalone, or at least there is no error message
> Anything in the hbase logs -- see under the logs/ dir?
> Have you changed config?   You are using defaults and hbase is staring
> up zookeeper?  It looks like its not running.
> St.Ack

View raw message