hbase-user mailing list archives

From fullysane <fullys...@msn.com>
Subject Re: Question about HBase for OLTP
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:50:28 GMT

Hi Mike:

Thereason I am thinking Hbase for OLTP is that I need a column-based
(key-value pair)OLTP DBMS which allows me not to predefine columns for a
table and can add new column to a table on the fly like Hbase does. Alougth
this can be done in any RDBMS with so called skinny and tall table contain
only key and value columns and then pivoting the data to look like a
traditionla spead sheet like table, but the pivoting perforamnce will be a
drag for query.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks,