hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase in Hadoop-1.0.0
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:37:24 GMT
You are right in your understanding. Apache HBase is not bundled with the Apache Hadoop release,
but the article rather meant that it now supports HBase better.

Also, Apache Hadoop 1.0.0, being a rename of the 0.20.205 series, has append/sync APIs from
branch-0.20-append, not the hflush/hsync, which are newer APIs available only in 0.22 onwards.

On 12-Jan-2012, at 3:06 PM, Graeme Seaton wrote:

> Hi,
> I have seen in the media coverage about the release of Hadoop-1.0.0 that "HBase is officially
part of the 1.0 release".  My understanding from the release notes that it includes changes
(append/hsynch/hflush, and security) to support HBase more effectively but HBase is still
separately bundled.
> Probably being slightly OCD but which is the correct ?
> Regards,
> Graeme

View raw message