hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ben West <bwsithspaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbee Question : POC Idea for Hadoop Application
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:35:15 GMT
There are lots of free, large data sets:

* http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/where_to_find_open_data_on_the.php
* http://www.quora.com/Data/Where-can-I-get-large-datasets-open-to-the-public

Just find one that interests you. There probably aren't many fields in which people didn't
wish there was an easier way to view and analyze data.

----- Original Message -----
From: kumar vaibhav <panghal.vaibhav@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:04 AM
Subject: Newbee Question : POC Idea for Hadoop Application

Hi,

I just want to know if anyone has any idea on what POC I could make using
Hadoop? I want to build something that has real world usage and not
something just to learn hadoop. So I'd like to make some sort of an analysis
tool(domain can be any - healthcare, finance, etc.) that operates on huge
amounts of data and the analysis is expensive in terms of analyst's time.
Any ideas on how can I get started?

Thanks a bunch in anticipation.
vaibhav