hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [ann] Lily 1.1 is out
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:14:36 GMT
Hi everybody,

if you use 'HBase' and 'Solr' in one sentence, Lily might be worth checking
out. It's a scalable data repository layering a high-level (i.e.
easy-to-use) data model + API on top of HBase, and consistent, reliable
maintenance of a configurable Solr index (which can optionally be sharded).
So you get the benefit of a high-scale data store with flexible searching.
Best of all, Lily is open source - Apache license.

We've just released Lily 1.1 and you can read all about it on
www.lilyproject.org. Notable release features are:

   - complex field types (nested records and more)
   - conditional updates
   - a Java test framework, also allowing you to run the entire Lily stack
   (Hadoop/HBase/Zookeeper/Solr/Lily) in a single JVM
   - a new Java Builder API (we do REST as well)
   - various performance improvements with regards to parallellization
   - server-side plugins or decorators
   - for enterprise customers: a Whirr-based cluster installer

You can read more at http://bit.ly/uCIxV7

Thanks,

Steven.
--