hbase-user mailing list archives

From Homer Strong <homer.str...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RS memory leak?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:31:24 GMT
Thanks for the response! To add to our problem's description: it
doesn't seem like an absolute number of regions that triggers the
memory overuse, we've seen it happen now with a wide range of region
counts.

> Just opening regions, it does this?
Yes.

> No load?
Very low load, no requests.

> No swapping?
Swapping is disabled.

> Bring up more xlarge instances and see if gets you off the ground?
> Then work on getting your number of regions down in number?
We'll try this and get back in a couple minutes!