hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rohit Kelkar <rohitkel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapper not running on the same region server
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:29:16 GMT
Hi Lars, by naming issue, do you mean if the zookeeper nodes and hbase
nodes are correctly configured?
I observed that this issue occurs intermittently. Sometimes the mapper
gets scheduled on the correct node. Would that be because I am killing
the job frequently and hadoop is  prioritizing the nodes based on how
often (or less often) the scheduled job successfully completes?

- Rohit Kelkar

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Lars George <lars.george@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have maybe an issue with naming. HBase takes the hostname (as shown in the UI
and the ZK dump there) and hints that to the MR framework. But if that resolves to different
names, then no match can be made and the node to run the task on is chosen by random. Could
you verify?