hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What version of HDFS is compatible with HBase?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:21:21 GMT
> I added dfs.support.append=true configuration everywhere but I get the same
> "got version 3 expected version 4" problem.

Setting this won't solve your version problem.

> How do I update the jars in the hbase lib directory?

Remove the hadoop jar that's in there, replace it with the 0.20.205 one.

>>  This makes it look like hadoop-0.20.205.0 and hbase-0.90.4 are
>> incompatible.

This error really means that you didn't replace the jars correctly,
the version is contained in the Hadoop jar and HBase isn't involved at
all. From http://hbase.apache.org/book/hadoop.html

"Because HBase depends on Hadoop, it bundles an instance of the Hadoop
jar under its lib directory. The bundled jar is ONLY for use in
standalone mode. In distributed mode, it is critical that the version
of Hadoop that is out on your cluster match what is under HBase.
Replace the hadoop jar found in the HBase lib directory with the
hadoop jar you are running on your cluster to avoid version mismatch
issues. Make sure you replace the jar in HBase everywhere on your
cluster. Hadoop version mismatch issues have various manifestations
but often all looks like its hung up."

J-D