hbase-user mailing list archives

From Neetu Ojha <neetuojha.c...@gmail.com>
Subject unable to compile simple java application with HBASE API(s)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:11:52 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neetu Ojha <neetuojha.cdac@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:40 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org

Hello ,

 I have installed hbase-0-90-3 in standalone mode on ext3 file system. All
teh jars have come with  tar but when i try to hook java application with
hbase the java code is not getting started. I have hadoop-0.20.2 also
installed , i have written a very simple application to scan simple table
data. I am very new to this i need to know few things:

1. That can we interface with HBase using java API(s) in standalone mode
without worrying about the hadoop part or that deamon must run.

2. When i try to extract the jars under hbase-0-90-3 it shows class
inflated but i am not able to locate where this is done as JVM can't locate
the class even after setting classpath.

3. Is it safe to take jrs independently install and fix the problem.

Please help me understanding these issue to start up with HBase-0-90-3.

Thanks and regards
 Neetu sharma