hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Bian <weidong....@gmail.com>
Subject Is there an easy way to check HFile locality in HDFS?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 05:50:45 GMT
Hi,
some disks of one node in my hbase cluster were broken, and after I mounted
some new ones and start regionserver/datanode on that node again, there
can't be data locality anymore unless I trigger a major_compaction on the
table manually(datanode/regionserver share the same physical node)
My question is, is there an easy way to check that all the regionservers
have a copy of its regions on the same physical node,like a script or
command,or else where to get the information so I can write one? I know
 the region info is stored in the .META. table, how about the region's
hfile blocks?