hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: TableNotFoundException: Cannot find row in .META. for table
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 16:35:06 GMT
2011/12/8 Dou Xiaofeng <xiaofeng.dou@huawei.com>:
> My command:
>  hadoop jar $HBASE_HOME/hbase-0.90.4-cdh3u2.jar importtsv -Dimporttsv.separator=, -Dimporttsv.bulk.output=/tmp/output
-Dimporttsv.columns=HBASE_ROW_KEY,e:a,e:b,e:c t1 /tmp/1

Understood.  Whats your problem?  That importtsv does not pre-create
the table for you?

> Usage: importtsv -Dimporttsv.columns=a,b,c <tablename> <inputdir>
> Imports the given input directory of TSV data into the specified table.
> The column names of the TSV data must be specified using the -Dimporttsv.columns option.
This option takes the form of comma-separated column names, where each column name is either
a simple column family, or a columnfamily:qualifier. The special column name HBASE_ROW_KEY
is used to designate that this column should be used as the row key for each imported record.
You must specify exactly one column to be the row key, and you must specify a column name
for every column that exists in the input data.
> In order to prepare data for a bulk data load, pass the option:
>  -Dimporttsv.bulk.output=/path/for/output
>  Note: if you do not use this option, then the target table must already exist in HBase
           --look this line.
> Other options that may be specified with -D include:
>  -Dimporttsv.skip.bad.lines=false - fail if encountering an invalid line
>  '-Dimporttsv.separator=|' - eg separate on pipes instead of tabs
I assign the bulk.output in the command, it should be not to create the table.
> Sorry, I don't follow the last bit of the sentence above where you say
> '... but I assign the bulk.output in the command....'
> St.Ack

View raw message