hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: One family only at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.HFileOutputFormat$1.write(HFileOutputFormat.java:102)
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:57:20 GMT
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Aravind Bharadwaj
<aravindbhms@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to hadoop and hbase. I don't seem to understand what exactly that
> exception means. Can anyone tell me what the map omitting more than one family
> means and how to fix it?

Your best bet is to take a look at the code.  It has checks to ensure
that we output data for one column family only.  The input must have
had more than one column family in it.  Fixing it would mean fixing
how you do your input; either purge the other family data, filter it
out, and perhaps add it in another job or have all the data go into
one column family.

Looking at trunk there does not seem to be this limitation.
St.Ack