hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [ann] Lily 1.1 is out
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 04:33:07 GMT
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> if you use 'HBase' and 'Solr' in one sentence, Lily might be worth checking
> out. It's a scalable data repository layering a high-level (i.e.
> easy-to-use) data model + API on top of HBase, and consistent, reliable
> maintenance of a configurable Solr index (which can optionally be sharded).
> So you get the benefit of a high-scale data store with flexible searching.
> Best of all, Lily is open source - Apache license.
>
> We've just released Lily 1.1 and you can read all about it on
> www.lilyproject.org. Notable release features are:

Congrats to the outerthoughtians!  I notice Lily is not even mentioned
here, http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/SupportingProjects, Steven.  Fix
it I'd say.  Add it on top of the list so the old stuff thats rotting
settles toward the bottom of the list, gets compacted by the pressure
of new projects piled above and... you know how the rest of the story
goes.

St.Ack