hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ceph and hbase.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:46:32 GMT
Hi Andrey,

I don't think anyone has ever run Ceph in a production use case, much
less run it in a production use case with HBase.

The SPOF problem is currently being addressed and will be available
for production use by the middle of next calendar year. It will be
available for preview/beta usage in Q1 (it's already working in
development setups - feel free to follow HDFS-1623 for details)

I think you're way better off waiting for the HA NameNode support in
HDFS than going with an unproven FS like Ceph. Ceph certainly has
promise and is a nice design, but it hasn't had the years of pounding
that HDFS has.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon