hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Could an EC2 machine to 4 times slower than local dev workstation?
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 04:20:46 GMT
Hi,

I am running a small program to load about 1 million rows into HBase. It
takes 200 seconds on my dev machine, and 800 seconds on a c1.medium EC2
machine. Both are running the same version of Ubuntu and the same version
of HBase. Everything is local on one machine in both cases.

What could the difference between the two environments be? I did notice
that my local machine has higher CPU loads:

hbase 64%
java (my app) 38%
hdfs 20%

whereas the EC2 machine