hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dino Kečo <dino.k...@gmail.com>
Subject TableInputFormat and TableOutputFormat are not using hbase resource from cloud configuration
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:20:20 GMT
Hi HBase users,

I have been using HBase CDH3u0(0.90.1) for data storage in my project, and
I have been using Hadoop jobs to process data in HBase table. Strange thing
that I have noticed is that hbase-site.xml and hbase-default.xml where not
read from Hadoop class path. I downloaded HBase and Hadoop source code and
I noticed that HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(getConf()); is never
called by TableInputFormat or TableOutputFormat and because of that
hbase-site.xml resource wasn't loaded into Configuration.

In my job I always use *org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration *class. I know
I can manually call HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(getConf()); method
but why is this needed. I think this code should be part of TableInput and
TableOutput formats ?

Regards,
Dino K