hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lord Khan Han <khanuniver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase export / import Why doubling the Table Size ?
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:53:49 GMT
I will check the reverse export imprt to cdh3b4 today to see is it same
size in the cluster..

when we use the hadoop dst copy how we candeal with the .META ? because we
are copying 1 tabel not all and also there is region info in .META
including their dns which is different offcoures in new  cluster.

I tried the import again today with no compression.. It is doubled the
exported file size!!  I mean I have 200gig exported hbase table size. when
import without compression its going 400gig.. Its definitely writing twice
something..

thanks