hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Creating columns within columns
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:01:25 GMT

Mohammad,
I'm tight on time... Short answer...
Strip out the xml in to some object and then consider using Avro to write the object to HBase.

This could probably shrink your footprint per record/row.

Note: I don't know anything about your data so you really have to take what I say with a large
grain of salt.

Based on what you've said, the best answer I can give to your original question is that it
sounds like you're going down the right path.

HTH

-Mike