hbase-user mailing list archives

From James Pettyjohn <jam...@scientology.net>
Subject Fwd: Re: RegionServer looking for ZooKeeper on
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:48:33 GMT
"Resolved", upon closer inspection "quorom" is spelled "quorum".

Best, James

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RegionServer looking for ZooKeeper on
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:29:52 -0800
From: James Pettyjohn <jamesp@scientology.net>
To: <user@hbase.apache.org>

It's running on DNS and the nslookup for the node1 resolves to the correct
IP address,
it pings as well to the right host. Putting the host name in /etc/hosts
did not change
the results - using the IP address in hbase.zookeeper.quorom (which is
what I thought
configured this) did not change it either.

It looks like it is actually looking for 'localhost', I put an entry in
for localhost to point to node1 and the RegionServer resolved that and
started up

Do you know where it looks for the Zookeeper host name config?

Thanks again,

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:15:35 +0000, Joseph Coleman
<joe.coleman@infinitecampus.com> wrote:
> Check your host entry it is resolving the local host first and not the
> actual ip fix that then reboot the server.
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Dec 29, 2011, at 12:55 PM, "James Pettyjohn" <jamesp@scientology.net>
> wrote:
>> Hey,
>> This is my first time setting up a HBase instance (I'm using CDH3u2).
>> cluster has
>> been up for a while, trying to use HBase now with 1 master and 3
>> I am getting log messages in the hbase.out of:
>> zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server
>> localhost/
>> and then a connection refused.
>> I don't know why it's looking to localhost for this - the zookeeper is
>> running on node1 (resolves to :10.x.x.21) while the machine trying to
>> to it is node4 (resolves to 10.x.x.24).
>> The base-site.xml is:
>> <property>
>> <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
>> <value>true</value>
>> </property>
>> <property>
>> <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>> <value>hdfs://node1/hbase</value>
>> </property>
>> <property>
>> <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorom</name>
>> <value>node1</value>
>> </property>
>> It is reading this file in some respect, whether it's using the values
>> I'm
>> not sure - but if the file is misformatted it will bail out with a
>> parsing
>> error.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> James