hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Combining Multiple queries in Hbase
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 04:59:14 GMT
Hi All,
Any suggesstions on this ??

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuti Awasthi
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 4:55 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Combining Multiple queries in Hbase

Hi all,
I have some query related to combining multiple queries in Hbase.

I want my data to be stored in decreasing order i.e latest entry should appear first in Hbase:

Schema :

Row Key                                 CF
Timestamp-userid-<public/private>               Info

Now I have to get data from 3 queries on this table :
1st Query :     *-myuserid-*
2nd Query:      *-X no of userids- *
3rd Query:      Full Row Key

For the first Query, I can use RowFilter and get all the rows based on myuserid.

I have problem with the rest 2 queries.:
For the Second query , I will be having say 1000 userid, and I want each row from these userids
Similarly for the 3rd query , I will be having say 1000 rowkey value and I want to have data
where these rowkey are present.

Now the main part: I want the output from all these queries in descending order as stored
in Hbase.

I have tried with FilterList, but issue with that is for 1000 userid, I will have to put 1000
filter object in FilterList. I am sure there should be some other way to solve this issue.
Other problem is if I fire 3 separate queries then output of each of them will be different
order by timestamp and then I have to manually arrange them in Timestamp order.

How can I deal this problem efficiently.
Please Suggest

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd