hbase-user mailing list archives

From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase support in SHDP Was: Hadoop with Spring / Guice
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:14:18 GMT
On 12/30/2011 12:43 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
> Costin:
> Please include user@hbase.apache.org <mailto:user@hbase.apache.org> in
> your reply.
> My discussion would mostly be HBase-related.

# included hbase though I'm not subscribed to that list so I don't think
my messages will go through.

> I guess you're dealing with HBase 0.90.4 where connection sharing
> provided by HBASE-3777 is absent.
> HBase 0.90.5, just released, contains HBASE-4508 which backports
> HBASE-3777 to 0.90 codebase.
>
> Please kindly indicate whether the presence of HBASE-4508 would simplify
> hbase-configuration bean config.
> If it doesn't, I wonder what proxies would be doing without HBase
> connection.

I need to spend a bit more time to go through the issues you mentioned
to understand them better however at first glance looks like a valuable
improvement.

As for the proxy flag, this translate to the stopProxy argument on
HConnectionManager.deleteConnection() [1]

[1] http://j.mp/twrsH8

--
Costin