hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Iancu <daniel.ia...@1and1.ro>
Subject Re: very slow scan performance on just one region
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:57:49 GMT

> If you move the region to another host, do you same same perf (Perhaps
> some hardware issue?).
Done more testing today. Is not related to a particular region, it
happened today with an other region on same machine. Also is not a
permanent issue, after some time I retried and the scan was fast again.
I noticed that when scan is slow the RS displays few requests (7-8)
while when is fast it has thousands, can it be related with the client  ?
I've stopped the RS with problems (btw cluster hanged for 20 mins until
I killed the RS process) but I got same problem on other machines. The
crash happens somewhere upstream, in  hbase, it does not reach the
mapper setup method so I cannot see what split is processed, do you know
where I should look to see for a task attempt what table split is using?
> Otherwise, if you look at the data under that region, what do you see.
100% puts, MC is actually on.
>   First do a listing of the hdfs content.
All regions have 1 single store since there were no inserts in a while