hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Dorner <christopher.dor...@gmail.com>
Subject bulkload on fully distributed mode - permissions
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:29:10 GMT

i stumbled upon an error which was not present in pseudo distributed mode.
When i try to run a bulkload, it fails after creating the hfiles with
following error:

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=hbase, access=WRITE,

After some reading, I know that HBase needs to own the files. I am not
in the sudo group on the cluster to change the owner (and probably can't
get in). And i can't ask the administrator every time to change the
owner of the file. Is there a way to change this behavior and allow
hbase to access those files without changing permissions and owners?

On my local pseudo-distributed mode, it runs perfect without any changes.
I am using cloudera CDH3u2.

View raw message