hbase-user mailing list archives

From sinhzun <sinh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase and Eclipse on ubuntu
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:33:26 GMT

Hi neuron005,
i'm a newbie to hbase and i'm following the book Hbase: The Definitive
Guide. I'm trying to build the first example in that book that describe as
below:
First I download and install Git and Maven for some extra stuff...
Then I use Git to clone the source code from
git://github.com/larsgeorge/hbase-book.git
git://github.com/larsgeorge/hbase-book.git
Run the Maven command...:

      /tmp$ cd hbase-book/
      /tmp/hbase-book$ mvn package

In the source code folder they built a file called run.sh
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33027816/run.sh run.sh  to run some Put and Get
examples.
I try a Hbase command:
      /tmp/hbase-book/ch04$ bin/run.sh client.PutExample
but the terminal return an exception:
client/PutExample
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: client.PutExample
I dont know where is the PutExample file, or where to put that file in the
system (I can try my own code), can you please help me with that problem??
Thanks.