hbase-user mailing list archives

From neuron005 <neuron...@gmail.com>
Subject Different value of integer on querying in hbase!
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:26:53 GMT

Hii there,
I just created a simple hbase table from my java program, Inserted value in
it. But I got into an issue that whenever I store an integer value in habse
and retrieve it by my java program , It gives a different value.
For eg.
I inserted an int value in my hbase table '1234'
When I queried from this using my java code -It showed a value  892745528.
Though hbase stores everything as string but I casted my result as
ResultSet rs=stmt.execute("select * from mapping_name");
int val2=rs.getInt("val2");//val2 of type string

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
Cheers:working: