hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steve Boyle <steve.bo...@connexity.com>
Subject understanding hbase client timeout settings
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:15:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what timeout controls are available in the hbase client.  I'm using
hbase version 0.90.4-cdh3u2.  I have a client application that does gets, puts, increments
and scans.  I'd like to be able to have a client side timeout such that the client can clean-up
in a case where the response is taking a while for whatever reason.

I've seen this jira which indicates that the feature I'm looking for is coming in a future
release:

I've also seen this jira that looks related and appears to be already available:

What is the best way to control a timeout for the hbase client?

Thanks,
Steve