hbase-user mailing list archives

From <jcfol...@pureperfect.com>
Subject RE: EOFException in HBase 0.94
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:12:45 GMT

>> What doc you looking at?

Pick one. There's a dozen or so HBase tutorials published on the web,
none of which will leave the reader with a working HBase instance.
Mostly though, I've been trying to get this to work:

http://hbase.apache.org/book/hadoop.html

I've also read the O'Reilly book in its entirety.

>> Does the hadoop lib jar that is under hbase match that of your cluster?

Well, that's not in the official docs, but I copied these over from
HADOOP_HOME into the HBase lib dir:

hadoop-core-0.20.205.0.jar

hadoop-ant-0.20.205.0.jar
hadoop-examples-0.20.205.0.jar
hadoop-test-0.20.205.0.jar
hadoop-tools-0.20.205.0.jar

and removed the version of hadoop-core that shipped with HBase.