hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sautins <andy.saut...@returnpath.net>
Subject major compaction and regionserver failure...
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:37:16 GMT

   I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens if a regionserver fails during major
compaction.  Are the entries that were in the compaction queue for the failed regionserver
migrated along with the regions to another server or are those requests for major compaction
effectively lost for that run of major compaction?  I guess what I'm really asking is do I
still get a full major compaction of all regions or do I lose the major compactions of the
regions that were in the queue on the failed regionserver.

   Any insight would be much appreciated.   We are currently running HBase 0.90.3-cdh3u1.