hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Smith <stu24m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ubuntu pulling sun java from partner archives.. Open JDK?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:31:32 GMT
Hello,
  Ubuntu is currently pulling the sun java plugin from ubuntu, and will be pulling all sun
java packages from partner archives, replacing the current packages with empty ones. They
have stated this will break all packages depending on Sun Java:

https://lwn.net/Articles/472466/

Thought I'd give a heads up to the list, and ask about solutions.
I've used openjdk with hadoop before, but shifted to sun java as recommended.

How bad is openjdk with hadoop? It seemed OK when I used it. I even accidently left one node
with openjdk for a long time, and the rest with Sun, and it was fine.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

(I'll cross-post on hadoop user, hopefully ppl don't get mad!)

Take care,
  -stu