hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase coprocessor availability issue in 0.90.4
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:58:05 GMT
Arsalan,

> Can you provide example of coprocessors using 0.92

The unit tests provide some limited examples: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.92/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/

A complete example implementation is the AccessController in 0.92: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.92/security/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/security/access/

This Coprocessor implements the MasterObserver and RegionObserver interfaces. It also extends
RPC with an Endpoint (a custom RPC protocol), as AccessControllerProtocol.

> or any other informative link to use?

I need to recover some content on Coprocessor development posted to a blog a while back.
It will appear on the HBase wiki when I can get it back. In the meantime, there is:

    http://www.slideshare.net/ghelmling/new-hbase-features-coprocessors-and-security

Best regards,

   - Andy