hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hbase export / import Why doubling the Table Size ?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:58:57 GMT
Can you try flushing and compacting the table? How did you measure the size?

Both can be done from the shell using the 'flush' and 'major_compact' commands, resp.

----- Original Message -----
From: Lord Khan Han <khanuniverse1@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2011 1:50 PM
Subject: Hbase export / import Why doubling the Table Size ?

Hi ,

We are usng CDH3B4  and want to upgrade to CDH3u2.  Before doing this
we make a separate cluster with same config and installed CDH3u2.

We exported our hbase table from cdh3b4  cluster  and import it to the
new cdh3u2  cluster. Table is LZO and both cluster config is same.

After import finished hbase table size doubled!! even its configured
to use LZO.  We changed table to snappy  import again and same result.
Table size multiplied x 2  in new cdh3u2  cluster.

We didnt find why ? Is there any ideas for this ?

thanks

Khan