hbase-user mailing list archives

From bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject Re: Suspected memory leak
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 07:37:21 GMT
Thank you all.
I think it's the same problem with the link provided by Stack. Because the heap-size is stabilized,
but the non-heap size keep growing. So I think not the problem of the CMS GC bug.
And we have known the content of the problem memory section, all the records contains the
info like below:
"|www.hostname00000000000002087075.comlhggmdjapwpfvkqvxgnskzzydiywoacjnpljkarlehrnzzbpbxc||||||460|||||||||||Agent||||"
"BBZHtable_UFDR_058,048342220093168-02570"

Jieshan.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Kihwal Lee [mailto:kihwal@yahoo-inc.com]
发送时间: 2011年12月2日 4:20
收件人: dev@hbase.apache.org
抄送: Ramakrishna s vasudevan; user@hbase.apache.org
主题: Re: Suspected memory leak

Adding to the excellent write-up by Jonathan:
Since finalizer is involved, it takes two GC cycles to collect them.  Due to a bug/bugs in
the CMS GC, collection may not happen and the heap can grow really big.  See http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7112034
for details.

Koji tried "-XX:-CMSConcurrentMTEnabled" and confirmed that all the socket related objects
were being collected properly. This option forces the concurrent marker to be one thread.
This was for HDFS, but I think the same applies here.

Kihwal