hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sunil" <su...@bizosys.com>
Subject Starting the HBase Server from Eclipse
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:55:59 GMT
Hi,

We have developed a utility wherein you can start HBase from inside Eclipse.
Here are a few details as to why we did it and the code that you can use.

Why Start HBASE server from inside Eclipse!

HBase custom filters are a powerful feature which helps to move processing
near to data. However deployment of these custom filters require one to
compile the dependent classes for the filter, package in a jar and make it
available to the region server.  Any new changes to these custom filter
classes requires the complete cycle of stopping server, packaging new jar,
copying to hbase lib folder and restarting it. The code inside custom
filters cannot be debugged easily like other Java classes inside Eclipse.

So we decided to run HBase from Eclipse, it is not possible to use the same
"Run as a Java Application" or "Debug as a Java application" and set
breakpoints on filter classes to see the execution path and debug them. The
link to the full post and code download is
<http://blog.bizosys.com/2011/12/starting-hbase-server-from-eclipse.html>
http://blog.bizosys.com/2011/12/starting-hbase-server-from-eclipse.html

Thanks

Bizosys Team