hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vamshi Krishna <vamshi2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HRegionserver daemon is not running on region server node
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 07:20:22 GMT
Hi suraj,
Thank you,
 i am using ubuntu-10.04 OS. actually i am using 3 machines out of which
two are desktops connected with wired connection(10.0.1.54 and 10.0.1.97),
other is laptop(10.0.1.55) connected with wireless router. i didnot modify
any of such interface settings in hbase-site.xml file.
Would this sort of connecting nodes (i.e using both wired and wireless
connections) create any such problem as i mentioned? If so, atleast two
desktop machines are connected with same wired connection, then also  it
threw an error, like

hbase-regionserver2: bash: line 0: cd: {HBASE_HOME}/bin/..: No such file or
directory
hbase-regionserver2: bash: {HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: No such
file or directory

i will change hbase-site.xml as you have suggested and let you know what is
happening. But before that answer my above query please.

 One more thing is, i am running  region servers on the datanodes and
master only, then i hope it would become co-located, right?

Thank you

--
*Regards*
*