hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sid Kumar <sqlsid...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper Connection Issues in Pseudo Distributed Mode
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 04:12:16 GMT
I installed Hbase to run in pseudo distributed mode and was able to start
the
shell, but when I try to create a table I get this error saying -

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able
connect to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be a
sign
that the server has too many connections (30 is the default). Consider
inspecting your ZK server logs for that error and then make sure you are
reusing
HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's javadoc for more
information.

I increased the maxCnxns parameter in the config file and also changed the
user
limits but that didn't help either. I was hoping if someone had seen this
error
before and had a fix for it. I can provide additional log information if
needed.