hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: n00b trying to run HBase example code
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:29:45 GMT
If I remember correctly, this NPE doesn't come alone but you have to
go into that tasks' log to find the rest as the job output you have
only shows what ended up killing the task. Go to the jobtracker's web
ui, click on your job, click on the number of failed tasks, look at
the log of one of those tasks, and look for anything that looks bad at
the end of the log before the NPE.

Hope this helps,

J-D

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Royston Sellman
<Royston.Sellman@cse.org.uk> wrote:
> Apologies if this is the wrong forum, or has come up before, or is RTFM-class...
>
> I'm trying to run HBase example code. I think I have HBase running OK on my 6 node cluster:
I can create tables with the HBase shell. I can create tables with the ExampleClient from
Chapter 13 of the Hadoop book.  I can load the HBase Master: namenode:60000 web page and
see tables I've created. But when I try to run SampleUploader from the HBase examples I get
the (not very helpful to me) exception below. I get a similar error when trying to run the
HBseTemperatureImporter bulk load example from the Hadoop book also i.e. mapred.JobClient
failing 4 times before giving up.