hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: How to set region parameter?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 01:13:26 GMT

Hi there-

re:  #1

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.configurations

Regarding this, for the 0.90.x codebase the largest recommended region
size is 4Gb.  The "20Gb" number in the book now was for a cluster running
which was running Hfile v2 format, which is different than what is in
0.90.x.  I will update the book this weekend.

re:  #2 and #3

See http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#rowkey.design