hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBASE 0.90.4 and indexing
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:42:52 GMT
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Ulrich Staudinger
<ustaudinger@activequant.org> wrote:
> 1) Why is the transactional package and the indexed* functionality not part
> of base hbase any more?

Because we didn't think this functionality part of core.  We also
wanted to remove friction; both core dev friction caused by our having
to ripple changes out into a code base few of us knew much about and
then friction for the trans/index maintainers as the only way for them
to get their changes in was by going via a committer.

> 2) What's the best (most developer friendly) way to add additional indexes?

Up to this, build it yourself unfortunately.  A one-size fits all
scalable, secondary indexing soln. is a bit of an undertaking it
seems.

> 3) Is there an hbase-trx package somewhere, which is compatible with one of
> the hbase-0.90x releases?

James' github is the most recent that I know of.  Have you tried writing him?

Good on you Ulrich,
St.Ack