hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Help for Online Merge
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:31:01 GMT
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:39 AM, kisalay <kisalay@gmail.com> wrote:
> This query is regarding the online_merge script from
>
> My setup is hbase - cdh3u1, hadoop-cdh3-u0.
>
> When I am running this script, I encounter the problem at the following
> line:
>
>  info =
> Writables.getHRegionInfo(result.getValue(HConstants::CATALOG_FAMILY,HConstants::REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER))
>
> The result.getValue(HConstants::CATALOG_FAMILY,HConstants::REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER)
> returns a null and Writable.getHRegionInfo throws a null-pointer-exception.
>
> I am wondering in what cases can I get null returned
> from result.getValue(HConstants::CATALOG_FAMILY,HConstants::REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER)
> ?

Change the script to use
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/Writables.html#getHRegionInfoOrNull(byte[])
instead.  If it returns null, continue rather than proceed.  Or clean
out these rows with null regioninfo before running the script by
deleting them from .META.  You should see a list of what to delete if
you look in your master log.  It should have complaint about rows with
empty info:regioninfos.

St.Ack